8/17/2006

Fresh Ginger Tea

I first experienced fresh ginger tea in Bali, Indonesia. I had been trekking in the jungles of West Papua, New Guinea with a friend in 1999. It was hot, muggy, humid and my friend ordered a glass of this tea for me in a restaurant. It was the most refreshing, cooling drink. Now I enjoy it every summer at home.


Herbs used:
1 cup Fresh ginger root, peeled, sliced in thick slices

1 lemon, sliced

1 cup sugar

Recipe:

Bring 6 cups of water to boil. Add 1 cup sliced ginger root, remove from heat, and cover.

Let stand for half an hour, then add a sliced-up lemon and 1 cup sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar.

Add 2-3 more cups water then pour into ice-filled glasses. This makes a deliciously refreshing summer beverage and is cooling to the system.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! This is really great!